For Friday (today) I had to read 30 pages in a historical book and turn in two different essays. I had planned to spend the better part of yesterday (Thursday) working on these assignments. But as this is a post about procrastination, you can bet your bottom dollar that things did not go as planned. When I got home I messed around for a bit on the internet. I decided I would work on mah stuff after a bit. After a bit, I was ready to work. The problem was, a bit ended at 12:30 AM. By then I was completely exhausted- way too tired to do anything productive. "Forget this," I thought. "I'll do it tomorrow."
Thus was the beginning of an interesting day. I was pretty worried that I wouldn't be able to finish. I got to school an hour early. I managed to finish the book and one essay during that hour and a bit of first period. I then had 2nd, 3rd, and 4th periods to write the other essay, which I was able to complete.
Although I did finish, I'm still disappointed with myself. For one thing, there was no guarantee that I would have as much time as I did. I was taking a big risk. A big, dumb risk. There's also the fact that I didn't get much sleep. At the time of writing, I'm pretty tired. And I have a long night ahead of me with Advent Journey at church.
I guess I could talk about that. Advent Journey, that is. 'Tis an annual event held at our church around Christmas. It's sort of a semi-interactive Christmas play. The scenes take play in different rooms throughout the church, which are decorated to look like wherever the scene takes place. It is open to the public. People come and initially wait in the sanctuary. Then they are taken back in groups of ~20. They are then lead to the different rooms in order by a Roman soldier. One of the last rooms is our dining hall, which is completely transformed into a bustling market place.
We have a cast of, well, I don't know how many. I'd guess about 50 people. I'm one of them; I play a soldier. We also have some live animals, including a camel.
Tonight is this year's first night of Advent Journey. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment