Friday, April 30, 2010

Programming Languages

I currently know two different programming languages: Visual Basic and Java.  I don't claim to understand everything about them, but I can competently do pretty much whatever I want to with them.  These languages have some differences:

  • Visual Basic is easier to use
  • Java is more powerful
  • Java is installed on most every computer, meaning java programs can be easily run on pretty much everything
  • I learned VB first
Ok, so that list is rather lack-luster.  But nothing else would come to mind.  Basically, my point is, I'm trying to figure out which language to code my game in.  Or to learn a new one I have in mind: Lua.  Lua is famed as a videogame coding language.  One of my favorite games, Cortex Command, was written in Lua.

I should probably just stick to one of the two I know... for now, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment