I have an idea for a video game I would like to program. It would be a tactical RPG, like Fire Emblem or Disgea. I would want the setting to be something different from those titles (i.e. not medieval fantasy). I was thinking something more along the lines of science fiction. Possibly metroid- inspired. Or maybe based in the present day, with modern units of war.
I want it to be a tactical RPG for a few reasons. For one thing, I like that genre of game; I think they're very fun. Also, it would be comparatively easy to program, compared to an action or platformer title. Thirdly, I don't know of many tactical RPG's, so it would sorta stand out.
The graphics would be simple, as it could consist of simply pictures with some simple sprites. I could make these myself or find a friend to do so. The rules are easy, too, and would be a snap to program. Afterall, a tactical RPG is little more than a glorified table-top game.
So yeah. I'll be workin on that at some point.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment