Friday, April 30, 2010

Vs. Seeker

Little Pokemon rant incoming:

One thing that bothers me about Soul Silver is that (to my knowledge) it does not have the Vs. Seeker. I like the Vs. Seeker. It makes power training (especially for specific EV's) a whole lot easier, and is a good way to make in-game cash. I understand that the original Gold and Silver didn't have a Vs. Seeker, but the original Red and Blue didn't either, and their remakes, Fire Red and Leaf Green, introduced the item. The whole pokegear-cell-phone-"I'll call ya when I wanna battle" thing, while better than nothing, still leaves a lot to be desired. The player can choose neither when the trainer is available nor which trainer to battle. The only consolation is the good items received afterwards.

It might not have been included for memory reasons. Including Johto and Kanto would understandably take up a lot of space. But would it really not have enough bytes left over to include updating enemy trainer data? At the very least, they could have allowed the player to fight against the trainer's pokemon unchanged.

The Elite Four, as always, can be re-challenged. While this can provide good experience, the pokemon are too diverse to provide focused EV's.

No comments:

Post a Comment