I went to a concert at The Boneyard the other day. It was the first time I'd been there. It's a small venue, so most of the bands that play there are small (fame wise) as well. This particular show interested me because I had actually heard of one of the bands playing: Wavorly.
So my friends, John and Ethan, and I went to the show. The other bands playing were Hollywood Lies and The Wedding. I'd never heard of the first band, as was the norm. However, after I recognized the cover of The Wedding's album, I realized that I had heard them before, which was cool.
The first band, Hollywood Lies was okay, if a little unenergetic. There were four guys: a drummer, bassist, guitarist, and vocalist. They had some effects pre-recorded, as well as another guitar part which alternated between rhythm and lead. They piqued my interest, so I bought their CD. They through in their old one for free, so it was a two-for-one deal, which was sweet.
Wavorly was next. They were cool. There were 5 dudes: drummer, bassist, guitarist, keyboardist/keytarist(!), and singer/guitarist. I like keytars. I also don't know how to spell them, but keytar seems fine to me, despite spell-check disagreeing. I already had their CD, and I got them to sign it. I got a picture with them on my phone, too. I wanted to get a shirt (there was a cool purple and green one), but I didn't want to spend too much, so I passed on it.
The Wedding was last. They started their set by playing a recording of a Johnny Cash song and supplementing it with power chords, which was neat. They also covered a Beastie Boys song, which I didn't realize was a cover until they yelled Beastie Boys in the middle of the song. I got their CD.
So yeah. It was fun. I plan on attending another in a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment