We leave for the State Foreign Language Festival today. We'll stay the night in Lexington and get back to the 'Boro tomorrow afternoon. There are several different competitions taking place. I'm participating in the Spanish Chorus. We sing a song, in espanol, and talk about it a bit, also in espanol.
I have mixed feelings about Spanish Chorus. Of course, it's singing, which is fun. The problem is there are not enough guys to justify multiple male parts. So we all get to sing a baritone part which is higher than I prefer to sing- partly outside of my range, actually. So while I like to sing, it's not fun to sing notes that make me song like a dying cat.
There are a few more minor annoyances, but that's pretty much my main complaint. But I'll share the other issues anyway, because this needs to be a little bit longer. I don't really like the song itself. Some of the people in the chorus can sometimes get on my nerves. Our main form of practicing is just to sing the same thing over and over and over and over three or four times; it gets kind of boring. But, like I said, these are minor complaints.
But it's not all bad. This trip should be fun. Russ is in the chorus, and he's a great guy. The high notes help broaden my range.
And that's all I have to say about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment