Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Minus the Bear

is pretty much my favorite band right now. I first heard them while playing a video game in which one of their songs was featured. I like the song, and decided to learn more about it and the band who did it. I learned the name of the song was "Knights" and that the band was called Minus the Bear, which apparently part of an inside joke between the band mates about an 80's sitcom or something. Anyway, I decided to look up more of their music to determine if I liked their overall sound or just that song. I watched some music videos on Youtube and loved every single one. These guys were awesome.

I decided I wanted to but their most recent CD, Planet of Ice. I could have bought it on iTunes or another digital provider, but I prefer to have the actual, material disc. I could have ordered one online, but I didn't want to pay shipping. It also took out the challenge. This was an album I really wanted, and I was going to work (if you can call it that) for it.

So a hunting I went. I knew that finding my prize would be difficult, as the band was not widely known and the CD had been released in '07. But I was not deterred. Wal-Mart didn't have it. FYE didn't have it. Book & Music Exchange didn't have it. Those were the main locations I knew of that were in-town. I was getting a little discouraged, but we were going to Louisville for Governor's Cup the next weekend, and a trip to the mall was included in our itinerary.

Low and behold, the mall contained an FYE, and the FYE contained a copy of Planet of Ice! Yippee! I promptly purchased my procured prize and then stopped alliterating so many p's. I could hardly wait until the trip home when I could listen to it on the car stereo.

I loved every single track on it and it has remained in my car's CD player to this very day. Their new CD comes out in May (I think), and I'm a bit excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment