
A common question for non-adults is, "what do you want to do when you grow up?" Personally, I prefer the answer posed by this guy on a Discovery Channel commercial: "Grow up? Now why would I want to do that?" But no matter how witty or humorous it may be, that response avoids the question. My usual answer which actually answered the question was something along the lines of "I dunno. Maybe be a programmer, I guess..." Now however, I would like to concretely answer that question. When I grow up I want to own an airship.
Of course, that response might also be avoiding the question. Though the wording itself isn't very specific, it is implied that the speaker is inquiring upon the spoken to's porfesion. In that regard, I'd currently say programmer, though I'm not very sure. Actor, engineer, musician, and writer are other occupations that come to mind. I'll figure that out later. But what I do know is that I want an airship.
An airship is basically the same thing as a zeppelin. Airship just sounds cooler (to me) and avoids the stigma of the Hindenburg disaster. I don't really care about the specifics of it. IF it's large enough for a few rooms (ie. not a hot air ballon), can travel long distances, and AWESOME, then I'll take it.
I'm not really sure why the idea of an airship fascinates me so, but I have a few ideas. For one thing, there's the comic* that's included in this post (though I have no idea where it will actually be in this post). Owning an airship would be interesting, exciting, and different, which are three of my favorite adjectives.
Thaz all for now; I'll continue later.
*Comic from http://xkcd.com/59/
Your musing are wonderful as is the sketch!
ReplyDelete