Thursday, August 20, 2009

Music

I enjoy music, both when creating it and drinking it in. Usually I prefer listenning, but that's just because a proffessional band with more resources than I possess usually sounds much better than my fiddling around.
Speaking of fiddling around, I play the guitar, a little piano (3 songs X_X ) and sing (sorry, no fiddles). I'm also interested in learning how to play a harmonica, since it's an off beat and very portable instrument. I could whip it out anywhere and start to play. I think that'd be cool.
In regards to guitar: I've been playing a few years. I recieved my guitar a few Christmas's ago, and in January I started taking lessons once a week. I learned a bit, but I didn't really practice as much as I should have. Due to my busy summer schedule I stopped taking lessons. It was a good point in time to take a break from lessons since I had been learning things faster than I could practice them enough to memorize them (I promise that makes sense). I practiced on and off for a while after that.
I got back into playing when I was part of The Sound of Music, since my character, Capt. Von Trapp, plays a song in the musical. So of course I needed to practice. Since then I've been practicing regularly. I'd say I'm a competent player. Not terrific, not awful. Just okay-ish. And I can't solo. X_X
Now for piano. My little bro's played piano for years. He's had actuall lessons and his very good. I, on the other hand, have never had a lesson. I just mess around with it. I either play stuff that I do on guitar, or watch youtube videos of how to play some songs I like. I only really know one full song: Amsterdam, by Coldplay. I'f I'm ever near a piano, then that's probably what you'll hear.
I would talk about singing next, but class is over, and this seems like enough content for now. I may mention it later.

1 comment:

  1. ok so i've heard you play piano and you're good even when your fiddleing around. lol-theres your comment! like it!?
    = ]

    ReplyDelete