Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sleep Deprivation

To the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen:

Teacher,
I forgot my assignment.
Left it on my bed;
when I found out I was full of dread.
Teacher,
what a tragedy.
I did all of that hard work for naught.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I have a small personal problem. I have trouble convincing myself to go to sleep. Usually this stems from computer use. For example, let's say it is 10 pm. I'll plan on using the comp for an hour then going to bed at 11. But I almost never do. I just keep on websurfing. It doesn't help that if I'm doing something interesting, I practicly feel no fatigue until I'm about to collapse from exhaustion. So usually sometime around 1 or 2 am, I'll realize enough is enough, and go to bed. But waking up at 6:30am (or 5:30 on drivers' ed days) only gives me a few hours of sleep; not nearly enough to keep me functioning properly throughout the day.
I realize that this is completely my fault. I know it's just a matter of self control. I just find it hard to make myself quit what I'm doing. I guess it's just something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment