
"Can't you see it's better to die on your feet than live down on your knees?"
That is a lyric from the chorus of a song by As Tall As Lions. Hearing it reminded me of a prompt Mrs. Matthews gave us, that, IIRC, asked that same question. OR rather, asked which was better: to give up or fight. Something like that. It made me think of Walter, anyway...
I discovered this band Sunday night, at a concert in Nashville, TN. The headliner was MuteMath, with ATAL being the second act. I didn't see much of the first act, as they were almost done when we got there.
This concert was quite an ordeal. I had wanted to see MuteMath in concert. Me mum said we could go to one; it would be like an early birthday present. Sweet. She also said I could bring friends. Supah sweet. There was, however, a slight problem: the concert in question started at 8pm on a school night. Due to travel time, we probably wouldn't be home until 1am the next morning.
Due to this unfortunate circumstance, none of my friends could come. But, of course, we had already bought four tickets. I still went, but instead of going with three friends, I went with my little brother and mother; one ticket was left unused. However, this wasn't a bad thing. It was actually a great thing.
That is so because my brother was on crutches due to his knee surgery. Why was this great? Because when you are on crutches, and your tickets are for a floor with no seats, they provide you with seats-- seats that are DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE STAGE. AWESOME! =D
So we got to be in the front, which, as I said, was extremely cool.
As Tall As Lions were pretty cool (their bassist had some pretty crazy dance moves), so I got their CD. Their sound creates a lot of ambience. I guess it's technically rock, but their are so many layers and different noises to it, that it's hard to describe.
MuteMath was, as expected, incredibly sweet. Some might describe it as the, "BEST. CONCERT. EVER." but such phrasing annoys me. So you'll not hear me see such a thing.
I got a MuteMath shirt and hoodie. A very very soft hoodie.
SIDE NOTE:
The adjective 'yummy' has recently repeatedly come to mind whenever I attempt to describe something that I like. For example, when describing the aforementioned hoodie, I wanted to call it yummy. Don't really know why. Oh well...
:END SIDE NOTE
The hoodie was yummy, too.
i like the picture
ReplyDeleteIt's the cover of the ATAL album.
ReplyDelete'Tis interesting, to be sure.