
I had a weird dream last night, but I can't remember it. I didn't realize it until breakfast this morning, when something I thought of suddenly gave me chills. It rememinded me of the dream. But I couldn't remember it. 'Twas quite frustrating. I think it was about death or old age, because that's what reminded me of it.
I also think it was a nightmare, considering how I suddenly felt afraid when I had only just vaguely been reminded of it. I can't remember the last time I remembered a nightmare. The scariestt dreams that I retain are about stupid stuff, like getting to school late or forgetting my homework. This probably reveals something about my subconscious...
What I can peice together/ speculate about the dream is rather freaky. Like horror movie stuff. Things like dying, going to Hell, coming back to life just to die again, being in a zombie-like state of neither death nor live, and torture. For some reason, this makes me think of Distric 9, even though I've never seen the movie; I've just watched a review of it.
Dreams are pretty weird things. I'd like to try lucid dreaming. This is dreaming in which you realize that you are dreaming. Thus, you can use that knowledge to manipulate the world around you, and do pretty much anything you want. That would be pretty cool.
Lucid dreaming is easy for some and very hard for others. Some are born with the ability to do it naturally, not realizing that the average person did not experience such a thing. There are ways to try to make yourself have a lucid dream. One of these methods is to keep a dream journal. Every time you wake up from a dream, you should immediately write down what you remember from the dream. Over time, reacurring facets of dreams will become aparent. Knowing what these facets are help you, when you're in a dream, to realize that you're in a dream.
From there, you can do whatever you want. From what I've read, the first thing that most people do is fly. That might say something about the human experience...
I'm very fascinated by dreaming and how these impact folks differently. Luke never remembers dreaming and I recall snippets off and on through out any day.
ReplyDelete