Monday, September 28, 2009

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA KATAMARI DAMACY (oh yeah, and a vocabulary lesson)

I don't have a topic on the top of my head. So I'm going to find one with the help of the handy-dandy word generator at http://watchout4snakes.com/creativitytools/RandomWord/RandomWordPlus.aspx ! I'll select somewhat uncommon adjective. And today's word is......

BIFURCATE!!!
YAY!!!

...not sure what that means....

So I'll look it up. Here we go: Dictionary.com defines bifurcate as: divided into two branches. Well then. How riveting. So let's talk about bifurcate things!

First of all, it really bugs me that the word is bifurcate, not bifurcated.

<>

Maybe it is bifurcated... I don't know. I'll just say bifurcated; It'll help me sleep at night. So let's see now:
  • tree branches are bifurcated
  • Mr. Bigglesworth's tongue is bifurcated
  • My attention is currently bifurcated between blogging and watching tv
Oh my. Wasn't that exciting. I think I shall now talk of more interesting things. Like Katamari.

Katamari is a bizarre video game series from Japan. The premise goes something like this: all of the stars have disappeared from the the sky. So the King of All Cosmos tasks his son, the Prince, with creating new stars to place into the sky. You play as the Prince as he goes about his task of creating stars.

But how does one go about creating a star? It's simple: you take a little ball, called a katamari, roll some things onto it until you have a giant pile of junk, and TAHDAH! A star is born! The King of All Cosmos then takes your star and tosses into the night sky.

The actual gameplay involves you rolling the katamari into objects smaller than yourself. Doing so adds them to your katamari, making it bigger. This allows you to pick up bigger objects, further increasing the size of the katamari. You finish a level by reaching a certain size within the time limit.

It's as fun as it is bizarre. You can check out it's theme song [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voPx8x0-blQ]to get a glimpse of the zaniness.

Also: here's a comic about it. Cause I like comics about Katamari. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment