Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Elevator Love Letter

SIDENOTE: this was written at four am. That's when I get all emo/sad/over-analytical/weird/delusional/open. Just sayin.

I get lonely at night. Like really. Alot. And the later it get, the stronger the feeling becomes. The smart thing to do would be to go to sleep, and thus have the energy to be awake during the day, when I actually have human contact. But I don't do the smart thing. I stay awake.

When this happens, I seek comfort in the internet. I subconsciously look for people that have put themselves out there for the world to see, usually in the form of videos. I watch them, fooling myself into thinking that I know them. I'm not alone, I think. I'm with them. But it's a futile pursuit. No matter how great I think we would get along together, in the end, the chance of ever actually meeting them in real life is practically nonexistent.

But I watch them anyway. Sometimes I learn or discover new things. Like music. That's the case tonight.

By the way: I'm pretty much a stalker. Or at least obsessive. It usually starts with me seeing a video of a girl that I think is cute. I then find and watch any video she's in. Yeah, it's creepy, but then again, she put it out there in the first place, so.... yeah. It's not like I have any weird fantasies of them (well, other than the ones in the previous paragraphs).

Anyway, here's what happened tonight. I saw this video, which included this video. I was all like, "O_O she's adorable! =O" So I watched the other vidyas that she'd posted. One of them had a few cool songs on it, which fits into the whole 'discovering new things' thing that I was talking about earlier.

One of the songs has this cool sound effect which is pretty pretty [not a typo], and makes me sad. I looked up the lyrics later, and found that they sorta fit my late-night mood. Which is kinda cool. Also, the name of the band is 'Stars', which I say is pretty flippin awesome.

Another song on that vid was noteworthy because at various points the background vocals consisted of random people saying 'hugs!'. Which is also pretty flippin awesome. =D I'd heard this band (Freezepop) before, as they're on a few guitar hero and rock band games. Obviously, they have a few songs I don't know about.

Anyway...
Back to my strange, creepy mannerisms.

There once was a Youtuber named Boxxy. Her tale is pseudo-lengthy, so I will some up. Basically, she made some videos that some people loved, while others hated. Those that loved her would not stop talking about her on a certain web site. This annoyed those that did not share the Boxxy love. So a group of them hacked into her accounts and threatened her not to make another video. They basically kicked her off of the internet.

In a weird example of how messed up I can be, finding that Boxxy's Youtube account had been hacked made more of an emotional impact on me than a few weeks earlier, when my girlfriend broke up with me. Weird.

Although, they had done more than just stopped her videos. They also hacked her other accounts (myspace, photobucket, etc.) and managed to find a alot of information about her, like her real name and address (which was eventually leaked to the internet at large...) ...but this is kinda off topic...

But then again, this is NICK'S BLOG! THERE IS NO COHERENT TOPIC!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

K, well, actually there is.

Or, at least there's a pseudo-traceable train-of-thought.

Which is now going to be derailed as I talk about something completely different: 'fireflies'. The song is by Owl City, a band which consists of a single member, Adam Young. But, while listening to it, I thought it sounded a lot like Matt Thiessen, vocalist for Relient K, one of my favorite bands. After hours of intense research, I found that Young and Thissen have collaborated on a few projects, including 'fireflies'. So there ya go.

This just in: after more intense research, I have found that Thiessen and Katy Perry have co-written a song for Kelly Clarkson. Well then. Wasn't expecting that. Funny world, isn't it?

I think that's enough for now.

Catch ya later

PS- I was feeling rather link-happy. Could you tell?

3 comments: