Saturday, October 24, 2009

Youtube

Over fall break I've had a bit of free time. I've spent a bit of that time on an obscure little website called Youtube. As most of you have likely never heard of it, I'll tell you a bit about it. It's a website in which any one can watch and upload videos. Aside from a few restrictions (don't use copyrighted material without permission, for example... although, people still do it anyway....) your videos can be about anything you want. This can lead to some pretty interesting, if not downright unusual, things making their way onto the interwebs.

I've found many of these vidyas to be pretty entertaining. In particular, I've been watching this guy's show. He pretty much just talks about other videos on the tubes and adds commentary or makes them funnier in general. He also often provides links to other friendly neighborhood youtubers who also have funnier shows.

The culmination of that has had two effects on me. A: I am pretty much addicted to ze Youtubes; and 2: I now have a desire to create my own videos. I don't think it would be that hard to do, either. A lot of the really entertaining videos are just people sitting there talking to a camera. I CAN DO THAT! It would actually be an interesting creative outlet for me.

However, there are a few issues I see with this. For one thing, I would need to come up with interesting, entertaining content that would make people actually want to watch my vids. I would also want to refrain from ripping off the videos that I have already seen. I can foresee that being an actual problem, as my inclination to learn by example could cause me to simply do what they're doing.

Oh well, I'll just see how it works out. You can check out my channel if ya want. I've already made one vid. Let me know what you guys think. I hope ya like it =D.

1 comment:

  1. just start ranting about something random, shoes socks rainbows paper...lol thats always fun and generally entertaining

    ReplyDelete